Good morning sweet friends and happy weekend! You’ll be relieved that I’m going to give gold a rest for today. In fact, this card is all dies and even with all the frills it’s a very crisp card – I hope you like it. Behind pink and gold, this green/blue is my color – I chose it for a birthday card today. This week JustRite Papercraft has been showing new releases for the month of September so the bold sentiment I’m using is from Extra Grand Birthday Wishes (psst, svgs are available for this set – HERE) and I’ve used the Garden Trellis Cling Background Stamp.
I used lots of dies for this card but encourage you to use this only as inspiration and substitute what you have. I made a point to use Spellbinders 5 x 7 Matting Basics A and Spellbinders 5 x 7 Matting Basics B because they are coordinated to stagger layers perfectly and makes it easy so out they came! Don’t have them yet? Optionally you can cut your own layers. I mixed elements from Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders One and Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders Two– I love the look. For my focal panel I used Spellbinders Labels Twenty Five and Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large and finished off with a tiny accent from Spellbinders Corners and Accents One.
Here’s how I made it – step by step:
- Create a card base with cream card stock that measures 5-1/2″ x 7-1/2″. (Card base is made with two pieces of 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ paper scored and glued as in this Hinge Video.)
- From aqua mist card stock, cut/emboss 5 x 7 Matting Basics B #7.
- From white card stock, cut/emboss 5 x 7 Matting Basic A #7, adhere directly to aqua mist panel.
- Stamp Garden Trellis background stamp onto aqua mist card stock, emboss with white embossing powder then cut/emboss with 5 x 7 Matting Basics #5 adhere to previous panel with one layer of foam tape.
- On two separate pieces of 3″ x 5″ cardstock emboss/cut two panels using A2 Scalloped Borders One (scalloped/dotted edge) butted up agains A2 Scalloped Borders Two (filigree element with heart motif in center)
- Adhere two scalloped pieces with scallop on outside, adhere to previous panels with one layer of foam tape.
- From aqua mist cardstock, cut/emboss Labels Twenty Five #4, adhere to previous panels with one layer of foam tape.
- Attach a 9″ piece of ribbon vertically to stack of panels adhering ribbon in back with tape. Attach stack of panels to card base using one layer of foam tape.
- Cut/Emboss Classic Ovals LG #5. Stamp with Extra Grand Happy Birthday. Attach to card base using one layer of foam tape.
- Cut/emboss small scroll piece from Corners and Accents One and attach to end of oval.
- Add bow, button and pearls.
|CRAFT SUPPLIES I USED
|Rubber Stamps: JustRite Papercraft – Extra Grand Birthday Wishes, Garden Trellis Cling Background Stamp
Craft Paper: Neenah Classic Crest – Solar White – 80 lb, PTI Aqua Mist Card Stock
Ink: Versamark and White Embossing Powder, Fresh Ink – Pool
Accessories: Spellbinders 5 x 7 Matting Basics A, Spellbinders 5 x 7 Matting Basics B, Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders One, Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Borders Two, Spellbinders Labels Twenty Five, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large, Spellbinders Corners and Accents One, The Paper Studio Pearls,Silk Ribbon, Button
Be sure to pop in and visit the other designers who have creations to show today:
JustRite Inspiration • Becca Feeken • Debbie Olson • Heidi Blankenship • Eva Dobilas • Darsie Bruno • Kathy Jones • Marisa Job • Michele Kovack • Kristi Schurr
I’ve taken time to stay as caught up as possible on adding to the Question Parking Lot. I’d love it if you all would circle back to these couple of posts linked below to see the answers. The Question Parking Lot is at the bottom of each post and I use it for extended education based on the questions asked. I hope you find the tidbits useful . . . updates on these posts:
You all have my heart, thank you so much for stopping by :-) Everyone is always so supportive and I’ve been so blessed lately to have received some lovely messages and comments from you. For that I sincerely thank you! See you tomorrow!!!
Question Parking Lot: