Hi there friends! As always, I’m working on stuff in the background but took a moment have a look at what’s new in my stash. I was so inspired by this Wordsworth sentiment I’ve had on hand and it reminded me of the new Spellbinders Diagonal Chevron I had laying on the table. It’s very contemporary but in cardmaking I feel strongly that there are no rules – go where ever your heart takes you! I thought that this template was a great opportunity to show some design paper so I cut the die template, flipped it over, placed Glossy Accents on the the back of the pieces that would normally fall out but then laid a piece of gold paper on top and let it dry. Once dry, I took off the die template then removed the diecut and the leftover pieces stayed glued to the gold paper. The small sentiment is popped up on Spellbinders Labels 42 – Decorative Accents and Spellbinders Classic Squares LG.
See my tiny bows? Yep, I didn’t want to cover up too much of that pretty background :-) I embellished the bottom of the card with Spellbinders Corners and Accents One.
Here’s how I made it – step by step:
- Create a card base with cream card stock that measures 5-1/2″ x 7-1/2″. (Card base is made with two pieces of 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″‘ paper scored and glued as in this Hinge Video.)
- With print paper, cut a panel 5″ x 6-7/8″ and mat it with a gold panel cut to 5-1/8″ x 7″. Adhere with print paper on top.
- With cream paper cut emboss outside border from Diagonal Chevron and mat it with a gold panel cut to 4-3/8″ x 5-5/8″. Adhere to previous layer with foam tape.
- With floral design paper cut/emboss Diagonal Chevron, flip die template over so back is face up and place Glossy Accents on the fall out die pieces. Cover with a gold panel cut to 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ pull off main die cut and fall out pieces should remain glued down to gold paper. Adhere to previous layer with foam tape.
- Wrap ribbon and lace vertically on right side of card, taping on back. Adhere grouping to card base.
- Cut/emboss Labels 42 – Decorative Accents and adhere to upper left corner using foam tape.
- Stamp sentiment on cream paper then cut/emboss with Classic Squares LG #4, rim with gold Krylon pen. Adhere square directly to Labels 42 – Decorative Accents
- Cut/emboss Corners and Accents One and adhere to bottom of card
- Attach bow, add Pearls.
|CRAFT SUPPLIES I USED|
|Rubber Stamps: Wordsworth Stamps – Life Affirming
Craft Paper: Neenah Classic Crest – Natural White – 80lb Smooth, Gold Paper, Printed Design Paper from Iralamija’s Etsy Shop
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia
Accessories: Spellbinders Diagonal Chevron, Spellbinders Labels 42 – Decorative Accents, Spellbinders Classic Squares LG, Spellbinders Corners and Accents One, The Paper Studio Pearls, May Arts Silk Ribbon
I’m listening to a circa 2008 Oprah rerun and they are talking about ‘schlumpadinkas’ (google it). Oh emmm geee – that’s me, it’s just a schlumpadinka day – it’s raining and I’m sure sitting here in my sweats! Come on sun, time for me to get outside and walk :-)
Parking Lot Questions: