Good morning sweet friends. I’ve been diligently producing Christmas cards left and right and I looked up for a moment to be mindful that the seasons seem to be flying by (except summer, summer lasts forever). I don’t think I’ve savored a fall more delicious than the one we’re in right now. Although the leaves aren’t changing here yet, the air is crisp and the sky seems bluer with frothy clouds that tumble through the sky without the threat of rain. Yep, it’s fall and today I’m sharing a sweet fall sentiment from Quietfire Design called How Beautifully Leaves Grow Old.
I have to be honest folks, I’d be hard pressed to find a great orange in my stash. But fall has browns and golds with the tips of leaves colored with a splash of purple or or yellow. I’m sharing a card with an awesome pairing of Spellbinders Oval Bliss and Spellbinders Sparkle topped with Spellbinders Classic Ovals LG and embellished with Spellbinders Moroccan Accents.
Here’s how I made it – step by step:
- Start out with a 5-1/2″ x 7-1/2″ card base. (Card base is made with two pieces of 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″‘ paper scored and glued as in this Hinge Video.)
- Mat a 5-1/8″ x 6-3/4″ piece of cream cardstock with gold cardstock cut to 5-1/4″ x 7-1/4″
- Mat a 6-5/8″ x 4-1/2″ piece of design paper with gold cardstock cut to 4-5/8″ x 6-3/4″ adhere to previous layers with two layers of foam tape.
- Place ribbon and lace across card and two matted layers horizontally and tape on backside. Adhere to card base with two layers of foam tape.
- Cut/emboss Spellbinders Oval Bliss and attach with two layers of foam tape.
- Cut/emboss Spellbinders Sparkle, adhere to card base, add two pearls.
- Cut/emboss Spellbinders Classic Ovals LG and stamp sentiment, distress with Brushed Corduroy Ink.
- Trace around outside of oval with Krylon Gold Leafing Pen
- Adhere oval to card base using two layers of foam tape.
- Glue a bow embellished with flowers and leaves to the right side of oval
- Cut one corner with Spellbinders Moroccan Accents, adhere to card and add pearl.
|CRAFT SUPPLIES I USED
|Rubber Stamps: Quietfire Design called How Beautifully Leaves Grow Old
Craft Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Natural White – 80 lb smooth, Gold, Prima – Stationers Desk
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
Accessories: Spellbinders Oval Bliss, Spellbinders Sparkle, Spellbinders Classic Ovals LG, Spellbinders Moroccan Accents, Cream Grosgrain Ribbon, Brown Satin Ribbon, Lace, Mulberry Flowers, Prima Leaves, Paper Studio Pearls, Krylon Gold Leafing Pen
By the way, I noticed Suzanne at Quietfire is running 20% off on stamps right now – I hope you’ll pop by and see if there’s anything that tickles your fancy. In the meantime, enjoy your week and thanks so much for stopping by!
Parking Lot Questions: