Greetings friends! Mercy, this has been a week that has kept the mailman on his toes. I’m not complaining; I love it when I get happy mail and oh my, has it ever been happy. Of course you’ll get to see everything, including new Spellbinders, as I get them made up into projects. One of the sets that showed up was this new red mounted rubber friendship set from Quietfire Design. I don’t know if you remember last month I used a beautiful friendship saying One cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed – this one is just as lovely. I have all sorts of friendships stamps but few that say what I’m feeling is in such a special way. This one is called Always Be My Friend.
So yes, I’m sporting shiny new Spellbinders die templates :-) This romantic combination of Spellbinders Fleur de Elegance, Spellbinders Labels Thirty Nine and Spellbinders Corners and Accents One fit perfectly with the sentiment in more ways than one!
Here’s how I made it – step by step:
- Create a card base with cream card stock that measures 5-1/2″ x 7-1/2″. (Card bases is made with two pieces of 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″‘ paper scored and glued as in this Hinge Video.) Smudge all card edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
- With polka dot paper, cut a panel 5″ x 6-7/8″ and mat it with a dark brown panel cut to 5-1/8″ x 7″. Adhere with polka dot on top.
- Wrap ribbon and lace vertically on left side of card, taping on back. Adhere grouping to card base.
- Cut/emboss Fleur de Elegance with cream cardstock – ink emboss through opening with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.
- Cut/emboss Labels Thirty Nine with design paper, rim with Krylon Pen and adhere to card with double foam tape.
- Cut/emboss two of the slotted elements from Fleur de Elegance, one cream and one gold.
- Stamp sentiment on cream element and cut gold element in half vertically then mount behind cream stamped element. Adhere to card with double foam tape.
- Cut/emboss Corners and Accents medium sized piece and glue to top right corner.
- Attach bow to left corner of card. Add Flowers and Pearls.
|CRAFT SUPPLIES I USED|
|Rubber Stamps: Quietfire Design, Always Be My Friend
Craft Paper: Neenah Classic Crest – Natural White – 80lb Smooth, Polka Dot and Printed Design Paper from Iralamija’s Etsy Shop
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia, Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink
Accessories: Spellbinders Fleur de Elegance, Spellbinders Labels Thirty Nine, Spellbinders Corners and Accents One, The Paper Studio Pearls, Satin Ribbon, Mulberry Flowers
Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate it!!