Sweet blog friends, it’s time again for a delightful sneak peek at fabulous new Spellbinders Die Templates that are coming soon. This is one of my favorite times of the year because by playing with the templates, we really get to know them inside out and can tell you cool ways you can factor them into your collection.
I’ve received a very unique set of dies – whether alone or used with something you already own, they add a dimension of elegance and texture that had been missing before now. I’m tickled to introduce you to Spellbinders S4-412 Gold Rounds One. They are designed to ‘build on the core’, meaning if you invested in any shape that will accommodate a circle within it, then these dies will embellish what you already have in your stash. Here is what the set looks like in real life:
Because they are made in the shape of a circle, they are a natural to embellish any Spellbinders Circle shape and fit comfortably in between the nested circles. Remember though, they are not limited to circles, they’ll place raised decorative ring on anything you add them to like Spellbinders Marvelous Squares. While an embossing folder gives you an all over pattern, these elements will let you put motifs inside a shape.
I started off with a gift project made to show off the ‘rings’ with this set. I created this round card gift set from a recycled ‘The Laughing Cow’ cheese box. I glammed it up and then topped it with circles that are embossed and sparkle with an easy glimmer paste that I simply applied by rubbing my finger over the raised embossing. I have a step by step tutorial to show you how.
1. Peel the papers from the box.
2. Using Viva Inka Gold Metallic Rub and touching lightly with one finger, rub the gold paste on all the areas of the box that will show.
3. Go around the edges of the lid with adhesive lace and adhesive pearls.
4. Cut Spellbinders Grand Circles #1. Emboss using Spellbinders S4-412 Gold Rounds One #8. Burnish Inka Gold across embossed areas, add pearls then adhere to top of lid.
6. Cut six circles using Spellbinders Circles SM #3 and then emboss using Spellbinders S4-412 Gold Rounds One #1, #2, #3 at the same time.
7. Fold each embossed circle as shown and adhere flap to flap until all six circles are joined together. Adhere to top of box.
8. Embellish with pearls as shown, add a small bow and cluster of pearls.
Inside the Box
9. Cut two Spellbinders Grand Circles #1. Adhere one circle shape to the bottom of the box. Emboss the other element using Spellbinders S4-412 Gold Rounds One #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7 and #8 at the same time.
10. Adhere to the inside of the lid.
What Goes in the Box
For Each Card You’d Like to Make:
11. Cut/Emboss Spellbinders S4-415 Delightful Circles using a folded piece of cardstock positioned so that one edge of the paper falls short of the die cut line leaving the fold intact for a card base.
12. Cut/Emboss Spellbinders Standard Circles SM #5. Burnish rim of circle with gold paste. Adhere to center of card base.
13. (As was done in Step 6 above) Cut Spellbinders Standard Circles LG #4 then emboss using Spellbinders S4-412 Gold Rounds One #1, #2, #3 and #4 at the same time.
14. Lightly rub paste over the embossed areas, adhere to card base and embellish with pearls.
|Die Template: Spellbinders S4-412 Gold Rounds One, Spellbinders Standard Circles LG, Spellbinders Standard Circles SM, S4-415 Delightful Circles
Cross Promotional Partners:
Supplies: Viva Inka Gold Metallic Rub, Georgia Pacific Cardstock – White, Hug Snug Seam Binding – Cream, Recollections Pearls, Crepe Paper – White, Maya Roads Trinket Pin, Sewology Button, Recollections Adhesive Lace, Recollections Adhesive Pearls
Tools: Grand Calibur, Becca’s Bow Maker, 3M Adhesive
With such an elegant set of dies, what card making session would be complete without making an Anniversary Card? I just knew that these Gold Rounds One would look so elegant done in gold foil so show off their detail, and plays in so nicely with a special occasion. I used Spellbinders Standard Circles LG, Standard Circles SM and Grand Circles to cut out each tier of paper and foil – but it was much easier than you could imagine. I cut my foil with the entire set of Spellbinders Standard Circles SM together in one pass and embossed each with its matching Gold Rounds One set.
My card size is 5-1/2″ x 7-1/4″. If you’re asking where to get the paper sized to make a large top folded card like this, you can see my tutorial on Spellbinders Hinged Cards to make the base. The best way to get started is to pick a card to copy, look at the die list and substitute similar core dies from your own collection, cut and assemble along with the instructions. You can do it!
|Die Template: Spellbinders S4-412 Gold Rounds One, Spellbinders Standard Circles LG, Spellbinders Standard Circles SM, Spellbinders Grand Stately Circles, Spellbinders Stately Circles
Cross Promotional Partners: May Arts Silk Ribbon, Scorpal, Imagine Crafts – Tsukineko Versamark Embossing Ink
Supplies: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Smooth 80 lb Cardstock, DCWV Foil Cardstock, Maya Roads Trinket Pin, Darice Pearls, Recollections Pearls, His and Hers Wedding Pic, IAMRoses Mulberry Roses, Ranger Detail Gold Embossing Powder[
Tools: Grand Calibur, Becca’s Bow Maker, 3M Adhesive
Click HERE for official contest rules.
Click (Contest Has Ended) to Enter and WIN!
Be sure you stop by to see other Spellbinders dies that are being sneak peeked today with the following designers:
Thank you so, so much for stopping by. Be sure you enter the contest above in the next 48 hours and would love it if you would leave a comment here on the blog – just lets us know what you think!!
No entries will be accepted at this email address.