To start I punched a hole where the ribbon would have been. From the center hole in the spool, I passed a loop up and through the hole so that I would have a hanger. These ornaments are two sided. The accordian folded lace border is glued down the middle where the ribbon would have been on this empty spool. On the front of the spool I glued a ruffled border topped by my stamped image. The same was done for the back. As an embellishment, I added ribbon tails.
Since Zip Dry glue sets up fast, that is the glue that I used to set the accordian folded border on the inside of the spool.
I hope this helps and that the pictures clarify where everything was glued. Happy stamping and ornament making, friends!!