Hi there blog friends! Today I’m participating in a blog hop so I actually sat down and altered an item — it was a fun and welcome break from making a card :-) Today JustRite Papercrafts and Faber Castell join teams to show off some splendid mixed media projects – stay tuned for the end of my post and I’ll give you a link so that you can enter to win some fantastic JustRite and Faber-Castell products. For my project purchased one of the $1.00 wooden frames at Michaels. I covered it with paper embellished with Spellbinders™ Trendy M-Bossabilities™ Embossing Folder – Side B, added flowers made with Spellbinders™Spiral Blossom Four and a butterfly from Spellbinders™ Les Papillions Two. I finished up with a stamped sentiment from JustRite Papercrafts called Grateful Hearts Vintage Labels Two. The subtle shading on the frame and flowers comes from two shades of Faber-Castell Gelatos – (melon and butterscotch) laid down on a My Minds Eye piece of design paper covered with text.
Come along with me as I take you through the steps for this transformation :-)
1. Start with a wooden 8″ square frame. Emboss with Spellbinders™ Trendy M-Bossabilities™ Embossing Folder – Side B
2. Randomly embellish with Gesso
3. Randomly embellish with gelatos using direct to paper, fingertips and sponge to vary intensity.
4. Paint edges of frame with Gesso. Mark outsides and insides of frame on wrong side of paper. Trim to fit frame.
5. Put Scortape on frame. Remove liner and adhere prepared paper to frame.
6. Cut three flowers and one butterfly using Spellbinders™ Spiral Blossom Four and a butterfly from Spellbinders™ Les Papillions Two. Paint flower with gesso and embellish with gelato as shown.
7. Add flower, butterfly and ribbon embellishments to frame. Stamp sentiment with flourish – insert in frame opening.
8. Finish by embellishing with tiny pearls.
|SUPPLIES I USED
|Stamps: JustRite Papercrafts – Grateful Hearts Vintage Labels Two
Paper: My Minds Eye – Lost and Found, Neenah Classic Crest – Smooth – 80lb – Natural White
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Victorian Velvet Distress Ink
Accessories: Faber Castell Metallic Gelato – Melon, Faber-Castell Metallic Gelato – Butterscotch, Gesso, Spellbinders™ Trendy M-Bossabilities™ Embossing Folder – Side B, Spellbinders™Spiral Blossom Four, Spellbinders™ Les Papillions Two, His and Her Wedding Pic, Recollections Pearls, Prima Burlap Leaves, Becca’s Bow Maker
Here are the other designers who are participating in the JustRite Papercrafts & Faber Castell Blog Hop. I hope you spend a moment looking through the wonderful creations they’ve dreamed up today. Want a chance to win goodies? Check it out with all the rules here ——> JustRite Inspiration
|JustRite Papercrafts – Faber Castell Designers Day 1
|JustRite Inspiration • Becca Feeken • Sharon Harnist • Eva Dobilas • Tiffany Johnson • Michele Kovack • Heidi Blankenship • Kellie Fortin • Rita Barakat • Sheri Holt • Angela Barkhouse • Barb Schram
Big hugs friends, thanks for stopping in to visit today! Still working in the background, but I’ll be back soon. Get crafty!