I love the vintage look, I have a ways to go, but it’s fun trying. For this card, I took my design paper and punched the bottom with a Martha Stewart ribbon punch. I threaded the panel with narrow ribbon distressed with Old Paper Distress Ink then wrapped a 2" strip of green cardstock around panel. The lace is stippled with Old Paper Distressed Ink then spritzed with Sugar Cookie Glimmer Mist before gluing to the panel. The panel is then mounted onto cranberry cardstock and popped up over an ivory card base sponged with Antique Linen. I took white cardstock and stippled on AntIque Linen and Old Paper Distressed Inks before stamping the flowers with Black Brilliance and coloring them with Copic Markers. The image is layered onto green cardstock cut with a Nestability square and then popped up on a panel cut with a Nestability oval. The oval layer was crumpled and Old Paper Distressed Ink taken directly to the paper. The oval was ironed to flatten it and glued directly to the panel. The sentiment was stamped with Coffee Bean Brilliance and embossed with clear embossing powder. The final touch was a pair of Prima flowers secured by a brad bling. The camera doesn’t nearly capture the distressing – it’s subtle, but here’s a closer view:
I was tickled to figure out a way to keep the ribbon on the flower image even though it did not fit into the Nestability. I ended up cutting the end parts of the ribbon manually and tucking them under the nestie while cutting and embossing. That really opens up a whole ‘nuther realm of possibilities!
Stamps: Flowers – Impression-Obsession; Wordsworth – Sentiment
Paper: Bazzill, Making Memories
Inks: Old Paper, Antique Linen, Black Brilliance, Coffee Bean Brilliance
Accessories: Copics, Nestabilities, Embossing Powder, lace, prima flowers, ribbon, Martha Stewart Ribbon Punch