Hi there friends! Guess who is scrambling to finish up one or two more Christmas cards? That’s right, me! Talk about therapy – Christmas music and making cards! This week I received a new sentiment from Quietfire Design called Blessed by the Christmas Sunshine. Does anything sound more optimistic? It simply touched my heart. I paired it with the elegance of new Victorian Dies for a regal look.
I stacked up several dies for the card including Spellbinders 5 x 7 Matting Basics A and Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A with Spellbinders Labels 39 Decorative Accents, Spellbinders Fleur de Elegance, and Spellbinders Regal Frame. I got extra mileage by using Spellbinders Fleur de Elegance as a border, I simply snipped it into four pieces (see bel0w).
Here’s how I made it – step by step:
- Create a cream card base with cream cardstock that measures 5-1/2″ x 7-1/2″. (Card bases are made with two pieces of 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ paper scored and glued as in this Hinge Video.
- Cut/Emboss Spellbinders 5 x 7 Matting Basics A #7 from cream cardstock, adhere directly to card base. Band ribbon around these layers taping in front.
- Cut/Emboss Spellbinders Labels 39 Decorative Accents from red cardstock, adhere with one layer of foam tape
- Cut/Emboss Spellbinders Fleur de Elegance from cream cardstock. Slice off both sides then cut remaining piece in half (see below). Adhere to previous layer.
- Cut/Emboss Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A #4 and #7 at the same time, from cream cardstock, creating a frame.
- Mat and adhere to red paper cut just a scan 1/8″ larger. Place a band of ribbon around these layers taping in back. Adhere to card base with one layer of foam tape.
- Cut/Emboss Spellbinders Regal Frame. Adhere to card base using two layers of foam tape in areas that will be hidden.
- Cut/Emboss A2 Matting Bascis A #3 from cream cardstock. Stamp sentiment. Adhere to card base with two layers of foam tape.
- Glue corner pieces from Regal Frame to the top and bottom of sentiment panel.
- Tie a bow and glue to left side of card.
- Cut/Emboss Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia smallest flower, twice. Burnish to plump and glue with leaves staggered. Adhere to bow and add pearl.
- Embellish with pearls.
|CRAFT SUPPLIES I USED|
|Stamps: Quietfire Design – Blessed by the Christmas Sunshine
Craft Paper: Neenah Classic Crest – Natural White – Smooth, PTI – Pure Poppy
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossing powder
Accessories: Spellbinders 5 x 7 Matting Basics A, Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A, Spellbinders Labels 39 Decorative Accents, Spellbinders Fleur de Elegance, Spellbinders Regal Frame embossing folder, Paper Source Satin Ribbon, Recollection Pealrs, Corage Pin, Embossing Powder.
Wishing you the best during this wonderful holiday season!
Question Parking Lot:
Find more like this: *5 x 7 Matting Basics A, *A2 Matting Basics A, *Fleur de Elegance, *Labels (39) Thirty Nine Decorative Accents, *Regal Frame, -Christmas, -Holiday Cards, :Cream, :Red, Quietfire Design, Stamping, |Elegant, |Many Layers